We would like to take the chance to introduce you to the guys that brought you this,
Ladies and Gents, an Interview with the geniuses at……..
1) I’ve heard the name ‘Geeks After Dark’ around town quite a bit. Can you tell me exactly who/what you guys are?
We’re basically a collection of nerds and weirdos who decided that geeky people needed to get out there, dance, party it up and watch a fantastic show as much as anyone else, so we figured we’d try and make that happen. Tyler and Fairlith have been working together for years, and Cam came in a bit more recently to round out the crew. We’re genuine geeks who can often be found hanging about in comic stores or whatnot, talking about which season of Transformers is superior. We just love what we do!
2) You guys have a great name!! How long have you been in operation for?
The first Geeks After Dark was several years ago, and was intended to be a fundraiser for a convention that never got off the ground. Since Cam came into the picture last January, we’ve been doing shows fairly regularly.
3) I think it’s wonderful that the nerd communithy finally has a ‘home base’ network for night life. What kind of things could one expect to experiance at one of your parties?
First of all, get ready to see a LOT of costumes. Our fans love showing off what they love and what they make. Watch a few acts of burlesque with a nerdy bent to it (Ninja Turtles, anyone?) and then get ready to dance to the hottest club hits–well, not even a little bit. Get ready to dance to the Ducktails theme or other wacky fun songs.
4) Could someone who wouldn’t necesarily be a comic or sci-fi expert still feel welcome at one of your events?
Absolutely! We get all types of folks from all types of fantoms. Even if you aren’t a big fan of anything particularly nerdy, stop by and enjoy the show–it’s pretty accessible for everyone.
5) I understand you have a party coming up this weekend? Can you tell me a bit about this, Where will it be? What should I wear? How much is the cost? What time should I arrive?
Our seventh big club event, A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy, will be our first Star Wars themed show. It’s at the Cellar on July 14th. Doors are at 6 PM, show starts at 6:30. You can dress up in any costume you’d like–or come as you are! We’re not picky, but it’s always more fun in costume. It’s 12$ at the door, but you only have to pay $10 if you show up in costume, so that might help you make your decision.
6) Summer is a great time for parties! Do you have anyother events I should take note of?
Oh, there are TONS! In addition to our shows (there’s another one on August 11th) there are a couple of big conventions–Anime Revolution and Cos & Effect are both in August. Check them out.
7) I want to stay in touch with you! Where can I find you on line?
Follow us at www.facebook.com/geeksafterdark or on twitter @geeksafterdark. Send us a message, we do not bite unless requested!